Old January 23rd 12, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnDeRosa

Default Winch Clinic

On Jan 19, 7:16*pm, Frank Whiteley wrote:
As found on Barnstormers.com

GLIDER WINCH CLINIC IN SO CAL • $375 • EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT • YOU'RE
INVITED! • Instruction on flight and operations of winch launching
with a modern winch built by Roman Wrosz. Space limited. March 9-11,
2012. Fly-in or drive to Jacumba, CA (L78). The demonstration and
training flights performed in the beautiful Schweizer 2-33. Four hours
of ground instruction, followed by two days of flight school. •
Contact Bud Robinson - ASSOCIATED GLIDER CLUBS OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA,
Friend of Owner - located San Diego, CA USA • Telephone:619-436-8010begin_of_the_skype_highlighting************619-436-8010

Excuse me for appearing stupid, but I was under the impression that
you needed a CG hook to winch launch and that a Schweizer hook was
especially bad to use because when the tow cable is approaches 90
degrees to the release arm, the bale (name? thing the pilot actually
moves during a release) is under so much load that it cannot be pulled
aft. I'd like to know more. Thanks, John