Old September 9th 05, 01:19 AM
Hilton

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

Hilton wrote:

Steven, when would you start your turn back to the LOM (or in any other
direction)?

At the point specified in the procedure.

[Obvious replies inserted] And that is? How would you identify it?

The missed approach starts from the MAP (DH) - since you cannot ensure

you
are at the MAP, you never really know you're flying the published

missed -
therefore all bets are off so to speak.

What makes you think I cannot ensure I'm at the MAP?

[Obvious replies inserted] And that is? How would you identify it?

And FWIW, please note that earlier in this thread I wrote: "i.e. you must
have a way to determine (at least approximately) where the MAP is; for
examples are GS, DME, VOR, timing..."

Hilton