Old March 7th 04, 02:49 AM
Scott Ferrin

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 14:16:43 +1100, John Cook
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 02:09:45 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
John Cook wrote:

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:50:27 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

Or, more to the point, it has a *lot* more than a 540 mile combat
radius, over 840 miles.

and the source of this 840 mile figure is???,

Several, including:

OK first their not really what I would call 'good' sources, OK for
homework and newspaper reporters, not for much more though...

This is going to sound a little harsh... but do you have anything with
a little more authority or credability?

http://www.periscope.ucg.com/sampleWeapons.html

You might want them to check their fuel load ;-) its possible they
confused kg with litres... and thats where the error has crept in.

I would wager that the Raptors real fuel load is sub 20,000lbs my
educated guess is around 18,000-19,500lbs.
But you'll have to wait till its not classified to prove me right or
wrong, or someone 'in the know' gives us a hint.

Last I heard it was a tad over 18,500.