Old April 21st 05, 07:34 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

wrote in message
roups.com...
Can they close an airport to all VFR traffic? This is what they're
doing at Friedman Memorial Airport at Hailey, Idaho [HLE].

Link to the article:
http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?...&ID=2005102705

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:00:04 -0500, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in TdP9e.2910$Xg.714@okepread02::

Sure they can. They close/open airports to only specific traffic all the
time.

I thought it was a condition for receipt of AIP funds, that ALL
categories and types of aviation be served by the airport.

Well Larry that's true but have you ever been to an air show? Was the
airport closed to traffic while the show was going on?

Neither what I alluded to in my post or the original post was talking about
a ongoing and forever ban on any type of traffic. Only a ban for a specific
type of traffic for a specific period of time.

In the OP it was non-IFR traffic on the dates and times mentioned in the
story. In my post it was non-airhow participants during airshows.