Old January 29th 04, 03:05 AM
dutch

When my partner and I bought a plane, we did the search together and jointly
made all decisions about what repairs and upgrades we would make. I paid
for the airplane, delivery fees, etc etc, and then when everything was set
up he paid me for half of everything I incurred. But that was starting
fresh. This wouldn't work for a new partner joining an existing group -
would probably have to be based on market value.

"Jim" wrote in message
I've been studying AOPA's sample copy of a co-ownership agreement and have

couple questions to those who are involved in co-ownerships.

How do you treat the one time initial expenses of buying an airplane, such
as pre-purchase inspections and needed repairs, sales taxes, acquisition
costs, legal and cpa fees? Do you consider them part of each co-owners
capital account and therefore part of the valuation of the partnership and
transferable to new partners? Or do you treat them as a one time expense
covered equally by the current co-owners and not to be considered part of
their capital accounts or future valuations?
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply