Old August 21st 03, 03:38 AM
Joachim Feise

Paul Tomblin wrote:

In a previous article, "Yossarian" said:

minutes later. Pretty minor I guess but I've never seen or heard of a heavy
jet doing a go around. Must have freaked some of the passengers out!

I've been on a heavy that did a go-around. The pilot said that another
plane blundered onto the runway.

The same here, with the same announcement on the intercom.
However, since I'm always observing the approaches, I noticed shortly before
the pilot did the go-around that he was way too high. From my window seat,
I couldn't see if there was another plane on the runway, but I doubt it.

-Joe