Old April 28th 10, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army,misc.news.internet.discuss
edward ohare

Default The X37 Spaceplane Scam

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:28:05 -0500, Ouroboros Rex
wrote:

On 4/24/2010 12:00 PM, edward ohare wrote:
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:49:19 -0700 (PDT), chatnoir
wrote:

This can be used as a platform for high resolution photos. Especially
where say China would attack Taiwan and knock down our satelites
before the attack. This could be a mobile platform that could changwe
orbit - making it hard to shoot down!

.
I think China and Taiwan should handle their own problems.

If Taiwan thinks their safety is an issue, let them buy enough
missiles from us to have their own deterrent to a Chiinese attack. As
long as they have enough to tear off an arm, that's sufficient.
DeGaulle was right about that.

This is most interesting, the combination of responses saying its not
a weapon, and those saying it is and justifying it with could be
missions that don't benefit us.

Which ones don't benefit us?

I described one above.

If you want to spend the money (you obviously do) then you show me the
benefit.

And if you don't want to do that, then you're saying that anything the
military wants to do is OK with you, that we work for them, not the
other way around.