Old February 26th 13, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Erik Braun

Default ASK-21 Parachute advice, please!

Kimmo,

A Mertens 12-82/23 fits nicely, as does the Mars ATL-90. I think, both
types are approved for 20 years of service. The Mertens is pretty
rugged. From my experience, in an ASK21 it should be a backpack type
parachute which does not extend to far down.

Regards
Erik.

Am 25.02.2013 16:58, schrieb Kimmo Hytoenen:
Looks like Flexpack service time is 15 years only, so I have to
purchase 2 new parachutes for our ASK-21 trainer. Should it
be latest version of Flexpack, or something else?

Some chutes just do not fit in that plane, and in training use
(lots of 7 min flights from winch) caused wear & tear can be
a problem.