Old January 6th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Engine Shop Selection (was 'showing metal @ 1,100)

Maule Driver wrote:
: I think you are referring to the corrosion AD for o-360s with a CS prop?
: That particular one doesn't apply to me since I have a fixed prop with
: a solid crank.

I was going to mention that but figured you already knew. IIRC, one can treat
the hollow crank to have it terminate the AD. With a solid crank that one should be
fine. There is, of course, the sintered iron oil pump AD... and a rash the connecting
rod bolts from Superior IIRC.

Seriously though... if you've got the bottom end apart, you'd be silly not to
spend the extra bit to get the steel parts magnafluxed. That's about the only
additional thing you'd have to do aside from what's *required* after you split the
cases, but it's enough to call it a bottom overhaul. From the sounds of the metal,
you'll likely be buying a new cam.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *