Old September 14th 04, 10:32 AM
B2431

From: "Mark Test"
Date: 9/13/2004 6:42 PM Central Daylight Time
"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

But isn't that ONLY if you were assigned to that vessel when it won the
award? You get assigned to the USS Duckwaddle in 2000, which has a PUC
dating from, say, 1991 and ODS, and then when you later get reassigned to
shore duty in Iowa you would continue to wear that PUC? I don't think so.

Brooks

Yes, that's true. My point was that apparently in the Army and Air Force
when you transfer from the unit, you no longer wear any of their unit
awards.

I wear a Battle "E" from PELICAN (MHC-53) 'cause I was onbaord when
the ship got the award...I wear this ribbon forever, even though I've long
since transferred.

Mark

Actually both the Army and Air Force require you to wear unit ribbons earned
while you were assigned for the rest of your career.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired