Old November 22nd 03, 08:27 PM
Chris Kennedy

Stu Gotts wrote:

I guess these claims are correct. I was referring to a no tail wind
situation!!!

So are we. Actually, to be precise in my case, the average speed seen
by flying reciprocal courses to factor wind out of the equation I don't
see any reason to hang an after market mod on the airframe if it doesn't
demonstrate a performance improvement, so if something goes on and
doesn't deliver it comes off again (rudder gap seals come to mind).

It's perfectly possible to make a PA24-250/260 cruise at or above
200MPH, but doing so requires tossing the factory cowl and demands the
Vne stabilator mod that most people haven't bothered to perform.