Old March 8th 04, 05:26 AM
BTIZ

News Flash.. pilot loses control in instrument conditions.. crashes.. xx
dead. During the accident investigation the NTSB concentrates on the
Attitude Indicator that should have been a help and not a hindrance to the
pilot.

Serial numbers on the AI do not match the log books, someone swapped out his
AI. Was this sabotage to create the demise of the pilot? (like cutting the
brake line on his car, he lives on TOP of the only hill in town)

In any case Insurance company refuses payment. Aircraft was not properly
maintained as required by the insurance policy. Wife left behind looses
Ancestral Family home to dead passengers family lawsuit.

BT

"Newps" wrote in message

Andre wrote:

Ok, let's say my TSO'd Attitude Indicator (AI) in my Cherokee goes
belly-up, and my friend just happens to have one he removed from his
machine a month ago as part of a complete panel upgrade. We both KNOW
the thing works fine and would solve my problem.

What's the ramifications of just having it installed in my Cherokee?

This is exactly what I did with a DG. Someone on these boards was
gutting the panel and going with all new stuff. I bought the DG because
the one in my plane was acting up. Just swapped it out, didn't bother
to log it and away I go. There is no reason to have a yellow tagged part.