Old February 20th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Survey Time

In article ,
DILLIGAF wrote:

Of the five what is the biggest threat to GA?

1. High fuel cost
2. Insurance
3. FAA policies
4. Terror war restrictions
5. Maintenance cost on aircraft

1) Real estate developers and their political cronies. They have the ear
of the local politicians and all too often persuade (read: sometimes
bribe) them into closing airports for "better" uses. Real estate
developers are the single biggest political contributors at the local
and state level in the US.

2) #1 above

3) #4 above

4) Tort lawyers with their "deep pockets" mentality. A "loser pays"
legal policy would straighten this one out immediately ( plus, it would
solve a lot of other problems.) We will probably never see it because
the trial lawyers are one of the biggest lobbies in DC. #2 above is a
result of this one, as is #5

5) #4 We have Chicken Little making policy and Fearless Fosdick
enforcing it. #3 above is part of this, but it is the Homeland Security
tail wagging the FAA dog.