Old March 4th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default CH flight yoke/quadrant (was "Lat/Lon to country codes/politicalboundaries")

Peter Duniho wrote:
"Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo" wrote in message

[...]
Thank you , Peter. Much appreciated the helping-hand. I think it's one of
the things that makes the sim community, indeed, even the real McCoy
flight community itself, what it is! I don't think there is any such thing
as going it totally alone ... real or virtual ... and one always benefits
from another and they, in turn, from someone else who has been there, done
that type of thing and even those types no doubt got their savvy from
someone and/or have to seek the helping hand when necessary as new [or
baffling!] technology comes up! Thanks again!

Glad I could help. I think your comments apply to any human endeavor. It's
a shame when any individual slows down forward progress by the human race by
engaging in conflict rather than cooperation (I admit to being just as
guilty of this on occasion as anyone else ), but it is also remarkable
how quickly things can get done when people share what they already know.

I sometimes think that the fictional Borg from Star Trek have the right
idea. I look at the conflict that exists in the world, and think that it
might be impossible to go to war with someone if you know, through some kind
of mental link, everything that they know and feel. And imagine how much
even more quickly you would have gotten your flight control issues fixed if
you had instant access to the collective memories of every other flight sim
user out there.

Pete

Indeed! And not to start any sort of off topic 'Jihad' here but [and I
say this still wearing around my neck to this day and dipped in silver
along the way the surviving [1 of the 2 originally issued] dog-tag from
my US Army active duty days [1968-70]... I don't know what the hell
we're doing in Iraq! I see deja-vu all over again and I don't want to
see what happened to us during the RVN years happen to this generation
where the view was during the RVN [Republic of Vietnam] years that of
the returning soldier as a veritable leper and no collective 'welcome
home' where those who served [and no matter branch nor duty station BTW]
became the brunt of the nation's frustration with Vietnam as if the
individual soldier was 'personally' to blame! I have very bitter
memories of that time and era where the Class A uniform became the hit
and run target for shouted insults or eggs with Army CIB's or RVN
ribbons in the other services as the target!

Mercifully, the clock and the Constitution will serve to bring in a
hopefully more intelligent and much cooler head, as it were, at 1600
Pennsylvania Avenue and those of the collective political retinue. I've
personally been through one farce already with dubious 'cures' and to
witness yet another military venture for reasons even more dubious and
higher questionable not to mention the WMD fiasco or Mr. Bush publicly
telling the UN to essentially engage in self-fornication, well, now I
see us mired there for who knows how long. On the other hand, Peter, I
sometimes muse that any sort of universal peace or collective sharing on
a 'sustained' basis is a pipe dream ... human nature itself often works
against it and the history of the species in re chronic wars based on
greed, economics, religious fanaticism, ideological differences, et al
make the olive branch a difficult one to grasp .... and hold on to
firmly. Ahhh, enough about that. Thanks again.

Doc Tony