Old July 2nd 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Landing KMBO - Shallow S turns on final Video

On Jul 2, 3:58*pm, More_Flaps wrote:

Your approach looked like a flat low power glide. Why not raise the
nose and add a bit of power to increase the sink rate?

Cheers

Main reason I didn't raise the nose is I was already trimmed for
landing and my CG was toward the rear. I didn't feel comfortable
adding more nose up at that given moment.

The light thermals prevented some of the sink rate that I was
anticipating as well. Had it been pristine conditions, your way would
work just great as well.