Old April 2nd 05, 01:45 PM
Cockpit Colin

Well, we're gonna have a serious go at discerning the difference. Day One
of my new diet is complete -- lots of fruit and vegetables, very little
salt, no red meat. I feel positively *burp* fruity...

Nothing wrong with red meat as a protein source - just cut off the visable
fat. Fish / Chicken still rate slightly better though.

Good luck with it - let us know how you get on.

Just one thing to keep in mind - your body will always take the path of
least resistance when it comes to carbs (ie sugar) - it's no good eating
lots of meat / veges / fruit etc, then (for example) washing it down with a
Coke (or devouring a Moro bar if your peckish).

If you're doing it right you'll probably get a headache later in the day for
a couple of days as your body adjusts to the lower sugar levels - you often
lose around 10 pounds in the first week too, although around 80% of this is
water (1 part glycogon stored in the liver binds with around 4 parts water -
so as the glycogon is used up first the water "passes through" - and the
weight comes off - insulin levels drop - BP drops - less free radicles -
less sleep needed - more consistant energy - no indigestion - and less
farting!