Old March 28th 11, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Evans[_2_]

Default Solenoid valve for creating a tail ballast dump system...Lak17a

On Mar 28, 6:48*am, Sean Fidler wrote:
I need advise or recommendations on what solenoid valve's (type, model) would work best for creating a tail ballast dump mechanism. *My glider, unfortunately, did not come with a mechanical release. *My glider is in the shop getting an evacuation vent and break away tail wheel so the time is right to do this. *As part of the current project we are removing the tail battery and adding lead in the boom to reduce the chances of a tail break in a ground loop. *We can also easily use the tail battery wiring to power the solenoid switch.

Anyone have any experience or info to help me? *Thanks in advance. *I need to buy a valve today or tomorrow so pace is key!

Sean Fidler
Lak17a F2
248 977 7911

If you have 12 or 24 volts available this SS and vitron solenoid valve
would work.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/search/search.php