Old August 30th 03, 07:49 AM
Mike Lindsay

In article cb676098.03082818

Nice Pic! Nice hangar!

Now, I have an interesting angle and question:

I am emailing with a new German Soaring Student. She is 16 years old
and is coming up for her first solo soon.

Almost anywhere in Germany the custom is that you have to bend over
and you get spanked by all. Buddy students and Flight Instructor.

The little Lady does not like the idea, she looks at that custom a
little different than most. The club does not seem to want to change
the custom and the Student is not very happy.

How do the Ladies and Gentlemen out there see this? Possibly she
should bite the bullet and forget about the feelings about touching
below the wasteline?
This once?

I think so!

If she isn't happy with the idea she should say so. Loudly and often and
to everyone concerned.

But it would be an unusual 16 year old to have enough confidence to do
this.

If the other club members can't accept this I'd advise her to do her
first solo in a country where they don't have this custom.
--
Mike Lindsay