Old March 14th 05, 01:15 PM
Bill Daniels

"Marc Ramsey" wrote in message
news
Bill Daniels wrote:
"Marc Ramsey" wrote in message
I know a few people who are experimenting with it, but repeaters are few
and far between where I fly. Here's what I'm planning on playing with,
but it starts to get expensive to update position more frequently than
every 15 minutes or so:

http://www.sensservice.com/proddetai...100-0149&cat=7

Define expensive.

$2.20/month access fee per unit, $0.15 per 72 bit message, which is
adequate for lat/lon and a status code. Note that this device is
transmit only, and the latency between transmission and availability at
the data portal is presently unspecified...

Marc

So, for less than $10 for a nice XC flight, your crew could track you real
time. That sounds like a great idea to me. Now, if that data could be sent
to the retrieve car....

Bill Daniels