Old March 15th 05, 06:06 AM
Eric Greenwell

Marc Ramsey wrote:

I know a few people who are experimenting with it, but repeaters are few
and far between where I fly. Here's what I'm planning on playing with,
but it starts to get expensive to update position more frequently than
every 15 minutes or so:

http://www.sensservice.com/proddetai...100-0149&cat=7

Every 15 minutes would still be useful. That would be, at worst, about a
40 mile diameter circle of "potential location" around the last
transmission of a flying glider. It might still transmit after a crash,
too. What kind of antenna does it need? Is that the antenna on the top
of the unit in the picture?

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA