Old May 8th 04, 07:53 AM
Judah

Roy Smith wrote in
:

Judah wrote:
Bring the freakin' book

Good advice.

even if it is your 2000 edition from your private.

Bad advice. It's bad form to show up for a checkride with anything
which is outdated. Using last year's AIM is unlikely to ever cause you
any real harm, but why risk disaster if currency of publications is
something your examiner happens to have a bug up his butt about?

It doesn't really matter if he's right or wrong, getting into an
argument with the examiner on a checkride is rarely useful.

Hi Roy!

That's a valid point...

I guess my thought was the guy was already claiming that he would never
have a reason to open the book in real life, so the thought that he would
consider buying an updated version seemed unlikely...