Old July 23rd 19, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Antennae

On Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 5:15:07 PM UTC+1, John McCullagh wrote:
It is interesting how a thread diverges from the original question. I
posted this new thread because I had been talking to a former world
champion who has just taken delivery of a Ventus 3M. Schempp-Hirth put
three aerials in the fin: radio, transponder and PowerFlarm apparently
without problems, and they should know. Many of the replies in this thread
have been why this wouldn't work. I originally asked whether it was also
possible to put in an ADS-B aerial. I will be asking Schempps but I thought
I would ask around first.

I have a V3M due soon with a transponder and 9070 + PF/ADSB/Dual antenna options. The primary Flarm BD12, transponder, and radio antennae are going in the fin . As John M says, SH report that the various fin antennae work OK together.

John Galloway