Old July 10th 03, 10:26 PM
Russell Kent

Fastglasair wrote:

I have an Angle valve Lyc. IO-360-C1D6, (forward facing injector) Stock it
would put out 200HP. Its not stock, on the test stand/ Dyno it put out 241HP
@2700 rpm.

On the dyno was it driving all of the accessories? Stated a different way: Is
that 241 an expected prop HP number when installed?

It has 10:1 compression (helicopter) pistons, its balanced, blueprinted, flowed
and ported. It also has an modified cam profile to improve valve timing and one
LSE electronic ignition. I am also using ram air. At max cruise of 225 knotts I
expect to gain an inch or 2 of mp.

An inch or two of mercury from ram air at 225 kts? I think you're dreaming.
Ideally speaking, dynamic pressure at 200 MPH is 104 pounds per square foot or
about .722 psi. Each inch of mercury is 2.04 psi, so I'd expect just slightly less
than one inch of MP *if* you had a perfect intake diffuser. Since a perfect
intake diffuser is somewhat unlikely, I'd limit my expectations to about 0.5 inch
MP.

I expect to do my first flight in 3 to 5 weeks. I started this project over 18
years ago. I took
a 10 year hiatus since I was lacking time and money to finish it. I will have
about 4,500 hours in it when finished.

Oy, that's a lot of persistence.

Russell Kent