Old June 27th 06, 09:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Good Article on Soaring

Frank Whiteley wrote:
I kinda liked this one.

http://tinyurl.com/m7zzg

Yes, but I find the following claims somewhat debateable:

----
"Flying doesn't involve a lot of risk," Ryan explains. "Driving a car
is more dangerous. But flying requires concentration. There's a lot of
multitasking, but that's what makes it interesting and challenging. You
don't need to make a lot of quick decisions, like in a car, but you
need more of a feel for flying, than driving.
----

Ask a competition pilot whether a lot of quick decisions are needed or
not... And about the risk of flying... well...

But I realize which audience the text was written for so maybe it's OK
to simplify. It's always nice to see our sport being mentioned in the
newspapers without an accident being the reason.

/Reno