Old November 6th 03, 09:41 PM
John Penta

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:48:50 -0800, "Mike Kanze"
wrote:

John,

There isn't one, mainly because most of the folks contributing to this NG
"lived the life". I realize that this can be confusing to someone
unfamiliar with aviation and military acronyms, but that's how we learned to
communicate among one another. (No different than the "tongues" spoken
among technology professionals in Silicon Valley.)

For a very general dictionary of Naval aviation terms, go to
http://www.tailhook.org/AVSLANG.htm.

The above link won't answer your weapon-specific question, though.

Perfectly understandable.:-) I just feel really, really out of my
depth on RAM, RAMN, SMM, and SMN.:-) I swear, it's sometimes as if I'm
the only civilian on any of the newsgroups. Makes me feel extra stupid
when I have to stop and ask the...er....stupid questions. :-)

Thanks for the link, BTW.

John