Old May 9th 10, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Mark

Default Avoiding Volcanic Ash

On May 9, 9:41*am, brian whatcott wrote:
Flying back from Amsterdam to DFW on friday with KLM, I saw that we
headed north for Denmark, then turning west, passed to the north of
Iceland. Then crossing the southern half of Greenland and into Canada,
we proceeded across the Hudson Bay, and passed West of ALL the Great
Lakes, and then on south.

Now that's what I call avoiding a problem - we had enhanced separation
too apparently!

Brian W

Wow, microsoft already added volcano smoke to
the graphics package?

Ha, KIDDING! Glad you made it back ok. That's
quite some route you took.

---
Mark