Old September 28th 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike Adams[_2_]

Default VFR Practise Approaches

" wrote:

On Sep 26, 4:58*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
On Sep 22, 6:22*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

For example, if you are told to make straight in to the airport
and you wish
to capture and follow the ILS for your approach, nothing prevents
you from
doing so, and it's legal as long as the primary means of
navigation remains VFR.

NOT ALWAYS......

Describe the exceptions, then.

NO

I have to agree with MX. Why not provide some examples? About the only
exception I can think of is an ILS that's slightly offset from the
runway alignment, but I don't know of one that's more than a few degrees.
A similar situation is routine in airline practice - cleared for a visual approach but
tracking the ILS for reference.

Mike