Old February 9th 05, 06:02 AM
Klein

Default Aerobatic club

On 8 Feb 2005 15:58:28 -0800, wrote:

I was curious if there are any pilots in Eastern Washington that would
like to create glider aerobatic club. What I was thinking about was a
purchase of MDM-1 Fox and some sort of a tow plane. The club members
would share the cost of the purchase of the equipment and then pay a
few dollars per flight and tow to cover all the maintenance and related
cost. I also was thinking about the location and I came to conclusion
that Richland, WA would be a pretty good location. We have over 300
flying days per year and the area is not really congested. So, I think
it could work. If anyone has an interest please contact me directly.

This sounds interesting. However, I would suggest you consider
Ephrata instead. It is already a center for both gliders and for
power aerobatics. There is already at least one aerobatic contest per
year held there. There is a marked competition box next to the
runways. There are plenty of experienced acro pilots around to offer
ground critique (and dual). You wouldn't need to buy a tow plane.

I would be interested in being involved if it were located there. And
I don't even live in WA. ;-) I have flown the Fox and it is a great
airplane. Lots of fun.

I have cross-posted this to rec.aviation.aerobatics

Klein
Bozeman, MT
Swift S-1