Old June 21st 04, 10:18 PM
Ray Lovinggood

I've used plain ol' contact cement. I don't remember
the brand name, but I find it at hardware stores and
home supply stores like Lowe's and Home Depot here
in North Carolina, USA.

I haven't quite got the knack for putting it on straight,
but I'm getting pretty good at putting them on crooked.
Just a little. Getting it straight is a really good
idea if taking off on pavement. On grass, there was
never a problem.

I removed it and glued it back on, finding out that
the contact cement was pretty tough. I'm sure I wasn't
using the 'right tool for the right job': I was using
what I had available. Yep, screwdrivers and a putty
knife. I put a few scratches in the gel coat as I
pried the sucker off, but I did get it off.

And I don't know of any need to reglue it except when
it starts to come unglued.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

At 20:42 21 June 2004, Sf760 wrote: