Old April 9th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default I have an opinion on global warming!

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

Some doubt? The Vikings planted crops, including vineyards, in Greenland,
which unless you missed it, is completed covered in permanent ice.

Exactly!

The biggest effect of more CO2 in the atmosphere would really be faster
plant growth and increased crop yeilds. I have heard that warmer
temperatures would also be helpfull in the same regard. The figure I have
heard stated as optimum is 8 degrees--although I don't know on which
scale.

I do find it ironic that the same people who claimed that parsimony was a
vice when I was in school are now the ones who say we should shut down the
western world--and of course become vegetarians. Notice that the never
say
adopt sound conservation practices, convert to nuclear power, or do much
of
anything else that actually works; as that would be parsimony. (End of
rant)

In the 60's and 70's, Cpaitlaism was BAD because it caused poverty; today
it's BAD because it causes too much prosperity.

And port (excuse ) in a strom.