Old May 15th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

Default Flying into the NYC area

On 2008-05-15, Tina wrote:
Lakeway has an unkind rep, but I don't have first hand information
about it. I think the issue has everything to do with operating near
sun rise and sun set. Just verify things before you go.

Yeah, they do have an evil reputation for enforcing their ban on night
ops...but, I'm told, as long as you avoid that issue, deal with the slope on
the runway, and make sure to have a tiedown spot before committing to
staying, it's not too bad. The main thing is that it's the closest to
several friends I have in the Austin area.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)