Old April 16th 05, 08:43 PM
Allen

In article HTc8e.24133$hB6.9873@trnddc06,
"MICHAEL OLEARY" wrote:

Does anyone know what the criteria are for designating a NAS as a master jet
base? For example NAS Oceana is a master jet base but NAS Whidbey Island is
a premier jet base. Any leads would be great. Google wasn't very helpful.
-Moe

My understanding it's a facilities issues and at a minimum, parallel
runways and fuel pits must be part of it. That works at the three I can
think of off the top of my head, Cecil (gone of course) Oceana and now
MCAS Miramar. NUW with it's single runways and truck pits (at least whe
I left in 95) just set up for FCLP's doesn't.

Pugs