Old December 13th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darrel Toepfer

Default Rec.Aviation.Homebuilt.Spacecraft?

Jim Logajan wrote:
cavelamb himself wrote:

I figure there is enough expertise in this group to successfully
tackle this challenge...

Now all it takes is money!

http://blogs.abcnews.com/scienceands...2/moon-20.html

The latest version of the X Prize is backed by Google: $20 million to
the first private enterprise that can land a robotic rover on the
lunar surface,

Um - has any private enterprise even gotten into orbit yet? I mean
jeepers, how many _nations_ have even managed to get an artificial
satellite into orbit - never mind get one to the moon? What gives with
announcing prizes that no one is likely to be able to collect on?

Its a shame the original lunar rovers didn't have any type of remote
control. I'm sure the batteries are shot by now anywayz.
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary...pollo_lrv.html

Would be kinda n33t to hack the old school abandoned stuff, Harry Broderick
style: http://imdb.com/title/tt0079847 http://imdb.com/title/tt0078681