Old July 23rd 03, 11:35 PM
Jeff

I dont think they are comming out with a 296, I have the 295 and its really nice
for a handheld. what is it that the 196 has that you cant get from the 295?

Jason Kennemer wrote:

After buying an iPaq and checking out the GPS abilities and flight planning
software, I think I'm going to take the thing back and opt for a Garmin or
similar dedicated GPS. I'll either get a cheap e6b handheld, or rely on the
whiz-wheel for on-board calculations and do my flight planning on line and
the old fashioned way.

My question: Does anyone know if Garmin will be announcing or releasing a
296 during OSH, similar to what they did with the transition from the 195 to
the 196? If not during OSH, then maybe in the near future? The reasons for
wanting a 196 w/color are obvious, so I won't go any further...

Thanks,

Jason Kennemer