Old January 30th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default O-360 sticking valve update

wrote:
: The drill is to make sure the p-rod, rocker & pin + rotator cap is
: liberally coated w/assembly lube, start the pin in the boss, poke it
: the p-rod. make sure the rotator is in place.

: Put the rocker in place, place the butt of the handle directly over
: the rocker tip, place the sledge head in the middle of your sternum,
: apply adequate pressure by leaning inward and poke in the pin.

That's more or less what we were doing for awhile.... hammer handle on the
rod with the greased pig of parts trying to line up. I didn't want to damage the rod
cap pushing too hard with misaligned rockers. We had additional hands, so the hammer
handle was used to depress the valve springs (as my sternum bruises can attest).

I was thinking maybe if one had an undersized rod to get everything started
and rotate the crank to put pressure on the lifters. Haven't tried it but given how
the lifters deflated nicely it seemed like it could work.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *