Old March 28th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Legal Weather Sources?

A recorded briefing from 1-800-wx brief puts the ball back on the feds
side of the court if there is a legal dispute...
The government has lost at least one suit by the pilot's widow over a
briefer failing to fully inform the pilot... Recently I wanted only a
specific piece of information from the briefer about fog along the
lakeshore, but he wasn't having any of that... He insisted on going
through wx, SA for the route of flight, forecast, winds aloft, notams,
tfr, etc... I suspect their legal department had a warning out over
condensed briefings...

He ended with the usual VFR flight not recommended so what's new...
I countered with "driving home after working a long shift not
recommended"... He laughed...

denny