Old February 16th 04, 03:00 PM
BUFDRVR

every time the air force changes its uniforms it costs the poor airman a lot
of cash.

Bill, NCO and enlisted get uniform allowances no? Does it not cover all your
uniform needs (pays for 2 BDU when you need 3)?

but if the airman wants to advance through airman of the month or
below the zone boards he is going to need the newest uniforms. Hell we just
went through a new uniform in the
mid 90's, what more can they change.

Blame it on the Marines. The USMC wanted a unique Marine uniform, within months
so did the USAF. The Army will get their unique uniform cheaply as both the
USAF and USMC pay for new ones and leave the Army as sole wearer of the current
BDUs. I believe the USAF should have a 10 year moratorium on any changes to the
current uniform. I've been on active duty for 12 years and I'm wearing (in one
combination or another) my fourth service dress!

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"