Old September 10th 04, 02:00 AM
Brett

"BUFDRVR" wrote:
David Lentz wrote:

The memo could have have teen typed on
1970's typewriter.

Don't you mean *couldn't*? I haven't heard the "official" word from any
"typewriter experts", but most people are saying the superscript in 111th
wasn't possible on typewriters of the early 70s.

IBM Selectric II from the mid to late 1960's could do superscripts and
subscripts (severely impacting typing speed) and it was even possible to
vary the pitch between 10 and 12 characters per inch (but rarely performed
since it you would need to alter the pitch per character).

The interesting comparison would be the letter where Killian recommended
approval of 1st Lt. George W. Bush's Application for Discharge and then find
out who supposedly typed these applications and memos since I doubt a Lt.
Colonel would ever be able be able to vary the pitch as he typed.