Old January 29th 04, 02:24 AM
L Smith

Morgans wrote:

"ET" wrote in message

If a teacher is good, they will get into a rythem, using last years
material to generate next years, etc. The first few years, many hours
were spent at home working etc. Now much less.
--
ET

Most high school teachers do not teach the same classes each year, and
curriculum and books change every 2 or 3 years, so erase that point.

Interesting! I wonder where you get this little tidbit? Since teachers
are certified to teach
in certain areas, you might have some shifting within that area (i.e. a
math teacher teaching
Algebra I one year and Geometry the next). That's a fairly limited
transition, though. Usually,
you can count on the same teachers for the same courses year after year.

As for books, I'd be interested in hearing about school districts that
can afford to completely
replace their textbooks every three years.

Rich Lemert

I need to go to that state that pays 50 per year. I have 24 years in, and
I'm a bit over 40 k.