Old July 22nd 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Default Why GA is Dying

Kyle Boatright wrote:
snip

September 11 or not, customer service at flight schools and FBOs has
gone down the tubes. I can't tell you the number of times I've been
blown off when I go in to rent an airplane. They have no way of knowing
WHO I am, and when I walk in and am just handed a rental sheet and
brushed off, they might have just lost a potential student.

Then there was the guy at one FBO who wouldn't let me back on the ramp
to my plane because I didn't have ID. ID was in the purse, in the
backseat on the airplane. I'm not sure if they wanted the airplane
sitting permanently on their ramp or not.

Anyway, I'm not sure anyone even cares about the survival of general
aviation. I just hope the airlines survive, or I'm out of a job. Ick.