Old June 29th 04, 06:24 AM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, Guy Alcala
confessed the following:

The F-15E's ride is rougher for two primary reasons, wing loading and aspect
ratio. ....
In addition, the a/c with the higher wingloading will need more of a bump to
affect it than is the case with a more lightly loaded wing - bumps that would
be throwing a Cessna all over the sky would probably be unnoticeable in a 747
(at the same speed).

IMO this is all "relative"...I remember Phantom and Aardvark guys
knowingly opining on the quality of the ride in an F-16. "Ah, those
guys in their toy jet will get the **** beat out of them down low."

Funny thing was the Viper was a sweet ride down low. On a hot, humid
day the Phantom's air conditioning was often suspect. Not so with the
F-16. Perhaps it was just me, but sweat pouring down my face (and into
my eyes) during a low level was routine in the Phantom, but usually in
the Viper it only happened pulling several (6+) Gs during BFM/ACM.

Robey