Old November 2nd 03, 01:20 AM
Vaughn

"John Roncallo" wrote in message
Vaughn wrote:

"The FAA claims the change is for safety reasons, but they provide no
safety data or statistics to justify the jump in flight hours required
to conduct charitable fundraising flights."

I read a significant amount of statistics based on the success of SFAR
71 which only applies to Hawian tours at this time.

Actually I didn't write that, I was quoting AOPA. The increase in
flight hours pertains only to private pilots conducting charitable
fundraising flights, so SFAR 71 would not apply as a basis of comparison.
As I recall (that means don't expect me to produce a reference);
statistically, a 500-hour pilot is more dangerous than a 100-hour pilot.

Vaughn (a 500-hour pilot)