Old October 1st 03, 01:51 PM
Dave Butler

Dan Thompson wrote:
I agree with you, Michael. It's much faster to phone FSS compared to Duats.
I usually do it on my cell while driving to the airport, so zero time added.
I usually check Intellicast Nexrad on the computer before I call to get the
big picture.

You must be better than I am at assimilating spoken data. I need pictures and
written text. It's hard enough trying to comprehend all that voice input when
I'm sitting down at a desk, let alone while driving.

Well, I guess it's no worse than trying to make sense of an airborne update
while flying, but I find that ineffective, too. At least in that case I already
have a background of understanding the general weather picture.

I also am immersed in a computer environment all day, so it's little to no extra
hassle to get an online briefing. There's no setup time. Phoning FSS, on the
other hand, I have to navigate voicemail-hell.

Dave

Remove SHIRT to reply directly.