Old January 11th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default LSA - Zodiac CH601XL

Ah-ha, I'll bet you are right.

Now that I read the EAA's site a little more carefully, it says:

EAA's Listing of Special-LSA Airplanes
For the following airplanes, EAA has received a copy of the airworthiness
certificate (FAA form 8130-7) verifying that the company has received at
least one Special-Light Sport Aircraft (SLSA) airworthiness certificate.

the key words being "at least one" (SLSA). Not neccesarily this one. Thanks.

Al

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message

"Al" wrote in message
According to the EAA list, there are currently 23 Special Light Sport
Aircraft currently available. http://www.sportpilot.org/slsa/

It appears that the Zodiac CH601XL is manufactured or distributed by
at least 3 companies.

http://www.newplane.com/amd/amd/601_...ification.html
http://www.zenithair.com/zodiac/xl/performance-sp.html
http://www.airplane.cz/pages/ch601_zodiac.htm

AMD seems to hold the Airworthiness Certificate
http://www.newplane.com/amd/amd/601_SLSA/601.html

So who's airplane is this really? What is the relationship between
these companies. They each have differant Options, prices, and
performance.
Are these really 3 separate LSA's?

Al CFIAMI

I may get this wrong but here goes..

The AMD plane is the S-LSA

The Czech plane is an E-LSA

The Specs on the zenithair.com site are the same ones that have been there
since 2001 when I started building so really apply to the Experimental-
Home built.