Old March 8th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default What will user fees do to small towered airports

I have not seen any charge rates yet for tower or IFR operations.. maybe
someone else has?
We'll just have to wait and see how they divy up the users charge.

BT

"Steve Foley" wrote in message

"Greg Farris" wrote in message
In article DqePf.5119$ci1.162@trndny08,

says...

When I was training, I remember doing 20 touch and gos one day. What

would
that have cost me?

$0. Landing fees are not usually charged for aircraft based at a field.

But each take-off was an operation, as was each landing. As I understand
it,
user fees will be based on ATC usage, meaning these 20 tough and gos were
40
uses of ATC.

What type of aircraft are the four "commercial" flights?

MD-80

If they are charged for the service, at least the tower at your airport

can
claim they are bringing *something* into the system, instead of just

costing
money, the way it is now.

It really depends on what type of accounting mentality accompanies the
proposed fee structure. The simple fact of bringing some more revenue
into
the system is not in itself going to cause reductions in service, but if
there is an accounting structure that evaluates towers to see which are

not
"pulling their own weight" then that's different.

I think the fees will scare off the piston single traffic, which currently
makes up the bulk of the operations.

GF