Old January 7th 06, 01:56 AM
clipclip clipclip is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wells
I've got a video clip which shows a large, twin-engined plane, possible a cargo plane, taking off and immediately looping and crashing. It's taken from someone standing right at the edge of the runway, and the whole thing appears to happen right in front of the cameraman. It looks possibly faked. I've checked the NTSB database, and I can't find this accident.

The video has the date August 27, 1992 in the display. Was this an actual accident?

If someone can tell me how, I can upload the video somewhere...it's pretty interesting.
you might be looking at a tape of a caribou canadian air force transport plane at gimli, manitoba which IIRC, took off with its gust locks in place. it was being filmed because this was a test flight.

very true and very sad.

frank