Old October 9th 04, 09:54 AM
Dave Martin

Having read through the paper work and some of the
arguments, in the context of larger aircraft and pilot
training a small price to to pay for security. In this
context many of the checks seem common sense and any
self respecting training establishment should be taking
their own similar security steps.

When it comes to small aircraft especially gliders
then it appears heavy handed and ill thought out. The
politicians as usual not knowing their 8rse from their
elbow and shoving a cork up their 8rse to prevent diarrhoea.

For existing licence holders, the question that needs
answering is what is training. A pilot with existing
licences, permits call it what you will, undergoing
say and annual or a site check flight is not training.

The big worry is that once this practice becomes established
in the USA, then aviation round the world will follow.
This will place a large burden on our sport which may
see some of the establishments forced out of business.

I also suspect the glider movement would soon pick
out the new ASH25 owner filling his ballast tanks with
explosives then setting off into the wide blue yonder
to blow something up.

Another thread asks abut flying lawyers, what about
flying politicians.........!