Old September 4th 03, 02:42 PM

Chip Jones wrote:Err, no. I mean *lowest* bidder. The idea is to save money.
The FAA (and

your taxes) pays for the infrastructure. The *low* bidder runs the ATC
facility for the cheapest price. The way the contractor saves money is to
slash salaries and cut staffing. ATC "on the cheap" is literally what is
going on.

What is "cheap" to you may very well be reasonable to someone else. Once you
go down the slippery slope of glittering generalities, it simply becomes a
****ing contest.

Some thing Jane gave the store away to NATCA. I deal with a lot of AFS and AVN
folks and they certainly harbor more and more resentment towards ATS. Whatever
else goes on, that is not healthy for the FAA as an organization.