Old December 10th 05, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default What would you pay?

Don't forget all the "intangibles" that come with having a hangar.
.snipped lots of advantages

Yep. I fully agree. I curse every time I have to do some "simple"
operation like airing up the tires outside on a 12 degree windy day
(like today).

But $5 grand a year?

That buys a LOT of maintenance and upgrades.

As far as the companionship, our hangars are somewhat isolated so you
would rarely even see another soul.

With the house being under 2 miles away, I can pretty much run back home
for whatever I need. Folks further out say this can be a real pain when
you try to do some PM, forget this or that tool, and have to make a 1
hour plus round trip to get it.

Anyway, my personal "break even" point is about %250. Like I said, we
have "old" hangars for that price, but you cannot get one. The lease
allows subletting so when an owner sells their plane, they usually
"sell" the hangar with it.

Mike