Old March 19th 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Travis Marlatte

Default Downers Grove, Il - suggestions?

Schaumburg OTS? I don't think so. I don't see any NOTAM and it is a pretty busy little airport. Don't go by any website. Call them to be sure.

The distance is about the same but I think it's easier to get from Schaumburg to Downers Grove than from DuPage. I agree with the directions provided by Google Maps. That shows 19.2 miles and about 24 minutes. You'll pay several dollars in tolls each way. I'd call the FBO to find out about car rental. I don't remember that there is a service on the field but I haven't been there in a while.

Directions from DuPage shows 22.4 miles and about 32 miles. DuPage is certainly a bigger airport. Instrument approaches. Good FBOs. If you want a no-nonsense. No question about it stay, go for DuPage.

--
Travis
"Jim Carter" wrote in message t...
I need to go to Downers Grove the week and am considering taking a 182RG from the local FBO here in Bentonville. I thought Schaumburg Regional might be close, but it shows OTS indefinitely on the web site I use. Next choice might appear to be Dupage. Anyone from around their with some suggestions? I'll need to tie down for 1 or 2 nights during the week.

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas